- RSS Channel Showcase 1733442
- RSS Channel Showcase 1277454
- RSS Channel Showcase 5767132
- RSS Channel Showcase 3321352
Articles on this Page
- 02/22/18--09:25: _St. Billy Graham?
- 03/13/18--10:25: _Escaping the Health...
- 04/20/18--11:23: _What’s the Best Edu...
- 06/01/18--06:52: _The Decline of Eccl...
- 07/17/18--06:51: _Catholic Answers Live
- 07/26/18--06:39: _Sooner or Later God...
- 09/10/18--12:45: _Best Nike Kaepernic...
- 10/11/18--13:05: _New Podcast!
- 10/12/18--05:00: _Interview with Tayl...
- 11/06/18--10:19: _Third Time’s a Char...
- 02/22/18--09:25: St. Billy Graham?
- 03/13/18--10:25: Escaping the Health Insurance System
- 04/20/18--11:23: What’s the Best Education Option for Catholic Families Today?
- 06/01/18--06:52: The Decline of Ecclesia: A Parable
- 07/17/18--06:51: Catholic Answers Live
- 07/26/18--06:39: Sooner or Later God’ll Cut You Down
- 09/10/18--12:45: Best Nike Kaepernick Ad Parodies
- 10/11/18--13:05: New Podcast!
- 10/12/18--05:00: Interview with Taylor Marshall
- 11/06/18--10:19: Third Time’s a Charm: My Various Attempts to Improve My Health
Billy Graham, the famous Protestant evangelist, died yesterday at the age of 99. Graham, of course, is one of the best-known and beloved Americans of the 20th century. He met with every President since Truman, and his evangelistic crusades led millions of people to commit their lives to Christ. By all accounts, he was a […]
In 2016 I decided to leave my job to become self-employed. I had already lined up some clients and felt confident that I could bring in enough revenue to support my family and pay my bills. My family lives pretty frugally, so I didn’t need a lot of revenue to make ends meet. But there […]
It’s a common occurrence for homeschooling parents: you tell someone you homeschool, and the immediate reaction is, “Oh, I could never do that!” For some reason, there’s an immediate defensiveness on the part of the non-homeschooling parent. Because of this, a lot of homeschoolers tend to quickly emphasize that homeschooling isn’t for everyone, and that […]
The post What’s the Best Education Option for Catholic Families Today? appeared first on Swimming Upstream.
“It’s no good, calling the police,” I explained. “Why not? It’s their job to protect us!” I understood my nephew’s frustration. Our once-beautiful town of Ecclesia has for years been overridden with crime. The police have apparently given up. For a while they did the rounds, making an appearance of fighting crime, while in reality […]
I was on Catholic Answers Live last night to talk about evangelization. If you missed it, you can check it out here:
Johnny Cash has a word for warning for Cardinal McCarrick and the bishops who enabled him:
Last week Nike released an ad featuring controversial former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick. In case you were visiting Mars the past week, here it is: For those who might be unaware (would that be anyone at this point?), Kaepernick is a former NFL quarterback who became (in)famous for kneeling during the National Anthem to protest police brutality. […]
I’m happy to announce that I’ve started a new podcast. Called “Growing Up Baseball,” the podcast features my son Peter and I discussing the latest happenings in the world of baseball. We were inspired to start this podcast by the fun we had in a recent episode of Swimming Upstream where we reviewed the just-ended MLB […]
This week I was honored to be on Dr. Taylor Marshall’s YouTube show to discuss the topic “Can a Pope be Deposed?” It’s a relevant topic, and one without easy answers. Be sure to check it out:
Over the years I've struggled with various health problems. Intermittent Fasting has helped me to overcome them.
The post Third Time’s a Charm: My Various Attempts to Improve My Health appeared first on Swimming Upstream.